Industry: Building Supplies
Introduction: This10-year-old business that provides products and services in the consumer goods sector. Despite its success, the company never had a formal brand strategy in place. As a result, its branding efforts were inconsistent and disjointed, leading to a lack of recognition and differentiation in the marketplace.
Objective: The objective of this case study is to develop a comprehensive brand strategy to help the company to establish a strong brand identity and position in the marketplace.
Methodology: To achieve this objective, the following steps were taken:
- Internal Assessment: The first step was to conduct an internal assessment. This involved gathering information about the company’s history, products and services, target audience, and competitors.
- Market Research: The next step was to conduct market research to gain a deeper understanding of the consumer goods sector and the target audience. This involved surveys, focus groups, and competitor analysis.
- Brand Positioning: Based on the internal assessment and market research, a brand positioning statement was developed that defined the company’s unique value proposition and target audience.
- Brand Identity: The brand identity was developed based on the brand positioning statement. This included creating a new logo, tagline, and visual identity system that reflected the company’s unique value proposition and target audience.
- Brand Guidelines: To ensure consistency across all touchpoints, brand guidelines were developed that provided detailed information on the proper use of the logo, tagline, and visual identity system.
- Brand Activation: The final step was to activate the brand by implementing the new branding across all touchpoints, including the company’s website, product packaging, advertising, and communications materials.
Results: The new brand strategy was a success, helping the manufacturer to establish a strong brand identity and position in the marketplace. The new logo, tagline, and visual identity system were well-received by customers and employees, and the brand guidelines helped to ensure consistency across all touchpoints. As a result of the success of the new brand strategy, the manufacturer was able to increase its market share and establish itself as a regional leader in the consumer goods sector.
Conclusion: This case study demonstrates the importance of having a comprehensive brand strategy in place. By conducting an internal assessment, market research, and brand positioning, the manufacturer was able to establish a strong brand identity and position in the marketplace. The new branding helped the company to increase its market share and establish itself as a leader in the consumer goods sector.